Use celery sticks to scoop up this Warm Cheddar Bacon Dip. The cheese needs to be soft enough to blend into the sour cream but not oozing. The contrast of the warm dip and cool celery is pleasant, the aroma of the bacon, cheese and chives enticing, and the crunch of crisp celery completes this snack or appetizer. Don’t wait for a party to serve this; have some ready for the kids when they get home from school!
Combine the sour cream, Cheddar cheese, bacon, chives, hot sauce and salt in a medium-size, heatproof bowl. Warm the cheese mixture in the microwave for a few seconds. Just enough to soften the cheese. Stir to combine.
Cut the celery on the bias.
Cutting on the bias creates a “scoop” for holding the dip.Print
Warm Cheddar Bacon Dip
Use celery sticks to scoop up this Warm Cheddar Bacon Dip. The cheese needs to be soft enough to blend into the sour cream but not oozing.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2/3 cup 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- 3 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 ounce minced crispy bacon (1 thick slice of bacon)
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- several dashes hot sauce, such as Franks Hot Sauce, or Tobasco Sauce
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 20 two-inch trimmed and cleaned celery stalks, cut on the bias
- Combine the cheese, sour cream, bacon, chives, hot sauce and salt in a heat-proof bowl until creamy, about 25 seconds.
- Serve with celery.