This delicious and refreshing Strawberry-Limeade Vodka Martini is quick and easy to make. It starts with a batch of strawberry limeade, which can be served as a non-alcoholic drink.
Great in the summer when strawberries are in season. Make up a large batch and set out to let people make there own – with vodka or not.Print
Strawberry-Lime Vodka Martini or Mocktail
A couple of tips for using carbonated water: pour the carbonated water into the pitcher first to minimize the amount of foam created when adding the juice and only combine the juice and carbonated water just before serving to keep it sparkling.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 1/2 quarts 1x
- Category: Beverage
- 1 cup hulled and quartered strawberries
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- freshly grated peel of one lime
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 cups ice water or sparkling water
- Garnish: thin slices of lime or a small strawberry
- Puree the strawberries in a blender with the water, sugar and lime juice. Let this sit for an hour to optimize flavor. Pour water or sparkling water into the pitcher and add the juice. Stir gently to combine.
- For the martini, use 2 ounces strawberry-lime juice, 1 1/2 ounces Vodka (I used Kettle One) and 3 ounces seltzer. Garnish the martini glass with a slice of lime and/or a small strawberry.