Salsa Crudo is a quick and easy dip to make that is also a great condiment. Add more chili for a spicier dip and don’t hesitate to a different pepper, such as a scotch bonnet, if you like the heat.
Fresh ripe tomatoes, which are just arriving at our farmers markets, add a natural sweetness to the salsa crude and provide a bright color you never get out season.
I prefer to remove the tomato seeds and the juicy pulp they are imbedded in. I find the salsa is too watery otherwise. Another way to reduce some of the excess liquid is to chop and salt the tomatoes and let sit in a strainer for 20 minutes before finishing the recipe. Adjust your salt after the salsa sits for 15 minutes.
Salsa Crudo is also delicious served over grilled chicken, fish or pork as a flavorful condiment.
Watch the Salsa Crudo Video Here:
Salsa Crudo is also delicious served over grilled chicken, fish or pork for a flavorful sauce.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 22 mins
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Dip or Condiment
- 6 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- ½ cup Spanish onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, garlic and salt in a small bowl.
- Let sit at least 30 minutes before serving and give a good stir.
- Refrigerate if using later.