This Cheddar Bacon Dip is best served warm to bring out all the flavors and for a perfectly creamy texture. The cheese should be soft enough to blend into the sour cream but not oozing. The contrast of the warm and cold is pleasant, the aroma of the bacon, cheese and chives enticing and that crunch of crisp celery completes this snack or appetizer. Don’t wait for a party to serve this; have some ready for the kids when they get home from school!
Warm Cheddar Bacon Dip with CeleryMakes
Makes: two-thirds cup
3 ounces Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1 ounce minced crispy bacon (1 thick slice of bacon)
3 tablespoons minced chives
several dashes hot sauce, such as Franks Hot Sauce, Siracha, or Tobasco Sauce
pinch of Kosher salt
20 two-inch trimmed and cleaned celery stalks
Shred the cheese with a hand grater or food processor.
Combine the sour cream, Cheddar cheese, bacon, chives, hot sauce and salt in a medium-size, heatproof bowl. Warm the cheese mixture in the microwave for a few seconds. Just enough to soften the cheese. Stir to combine.
Cut the celery on the bias.
Cutting on the bias creates a “scoop” for holding the dip.
- 3 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 ounce minced crispy bacon (1 thick slice of bacon)
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- several dashes hot sauce, such as Franks Hot Sauce, Siracha, or Tobasco Sauce
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 20 two-inch trimmed and cleaned celery stalks, cut on the bias
- Combine the cheese, sour cream, bacon, chives, hot sauce and salt in a heat-proof bowl until creamy, about 25 seconds.
- Serve with celery.