In a prior video we demonstrated how to clean mushrooms. Now that you’ve got a quick and easy way to clean lots of mushrooms, let’s roast a couple of pounds!
Roasted mushrooms with fresh herbs and garlic is a simple dish that can be used in many, many ways. Serve as a starter course with crusty bread to sop up those tasty juices. Put them in a salad, warm, and use the juice in the vinaigrette. Top meat, chicken or eggs with the mushrooms. Eat them as a side dish. Use your imagination and you’ll find lots of different ways to put this recipe to good use.
Watch the video!
- 1 ½ pounds assorted mushrooms
- 12 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- rosemary sprigs
- thyme sprigs
- Garnish: chopped fresh herbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash, trim and cut mushrooms into similar sizes for even cooking.
- Toss the mushrooms, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a roasting pan.
- Top the mushrooms with a few sprigs each rosemary and thyme
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the herb sprigs and toss in fresh minced herbs.
- Serve with crusty bread.