One of the simplest and most delicious side dishes is roasted asparagus. Simply toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and roast until bright green and so that each spear has a little crunch left.
Want to fancy up the dish a little, sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over the asparagus as soon as it comes out of the oven. It melts and the salty, nutty flavors are a tasty delight.
Another simple topping is grated lemon peel. Sprinkle over the top of the hot asparagus to release the essential oils in the lemon. Spectacular!
Watch the video!
- 2 bunches asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- olive oil
- coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Lay the asparagus across the baking sheet and drizzle with a little oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss and bake in preheated oven for 6-8 minutes.
- The asparagus should be bright green with a little crunch.