We’re making Cobb Salad. This salad is delicious for an afternoon luncheon or for a warm weather dinner.
Watch the Cobb Salad Video Here:
Cobb Salad is a composed salad. The ingredients are presented in rows, rather than tossed, for an eye-appealing presentation. Pour dressing over everything and serve!
The presentation creates a lovely balance of color, texture and flavors.
The Cobb Salad originated at the Brown Derby in LA, supposedly put together late in the evening at the end of service using what was left in the kitchen.
These salads are easy to make ahead and dress at the last minute for a light and refreshing meal for either a lunch or dinner.
Watch the Cobb Salad Video Here
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine the oil, vinegar, chives, mustard, salt and pepper in a jar. Close tightly and shake well.
- 6 cups chopped lettuce (Romaine, Bibb, watercress)
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 slices cooked and coarsely chopped bacon
- 1 pound cooked whole boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 hard boiled eggs, quartered lengthwise
- 2 Hass avocado, peeled and sliced crosswise
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- Strew the lettuce across the bottom of a large platter.
- Arrange each ingredient in a row.
- Pour dressing over everything and serve.